…that I should have posted a while ago. The Other Half of the Story has had a makeover! And may again before I’m satisfied, honestly. Not like any of you are reading this anymore, haha. This is the same blog as the one with the half-baked attempts at poetry. I really need to figure out what to call my stuff.
I’m not exactly what one would call a Disney aficionado. I don’t remember any of Colors of the Wind. So of course I was tagged by Lisa over at Godsdaugter to do the Olaf Award.
1. Answer the award questions.
2. Pass the award on to however many bloggers you choose, using the same or your own questions.
Pretty simple, right? So let’s do this thing.
1. What is your favorite Disney movie of all time?
I‘d have to say the Lion King. Growing-up protagonist, classic betrayal, not too cliche [and a cool scar]. Why not, I ask you?
2. Of the three newest Disney films (Tangled, Brave, and Frozen), which is your favorite?
AGH. As much as I love Frozen, I would have to say Tangled. Better all around story and cast, I think. Though I like the songs in Frozen more. XD I haven’t seen Brave yet.
3. Do you tend to prefer Disney films made prior to the 2000s or those made more recently?
Loaded question. Honestly, it depends on the film. I think that the films prior to the 2000s overall are better, but there have been a couple good recent ones, too – i.e. Frozen, Tangled… XD Overall though I would have to say the ones prior.
4. Who is your favorite character in Frozen?
Give me a category here. Favorite villain, favorite sidekick…? No? Shoot. I would say that my favorite human was Kristoff or Elsa and my favorite non-human was Sven. Don’t ask me to narrow it down more than that.
5. Everyone loves Disney music. Any movie whose soundtrack you particularly enjoy? Limit yourself to three.
I have spent a ridiculous amount of time pondering this question. First place would have to go to Tarzan – it feels like home and Trashing the Camp is amazing. XD Second place… Beauty and the Beast. Need I say more? [No, I did not get on Wikipedia to look up my options and end up reading about Bill Nighy, what are you talking about?] Third place goes simply for Jim’s theme – Treasure Planet is what I’m talking about. Oh, yeah.
6. In your opinion (similar to Question #3), has the quality of Disney’s film-making decreased as time has gone on, or has it only improved?
Like I said, loaded question. I don’t have much of an opinion on this beyond what was already stated.
7. Favorite Disney couple?
Belle and Beast, Flynn and Rapunzel, Nala and Simba, Kristoff and Anna, Delbert and Amelia. Does this answer your question?
8. Favorite Disney sidekick?
Probably Maximus + Pascal. Sven and Olaf are cool, but M + P were the sort-of originals. XD
9. What is the worst Disney film you’ve ever seen?
I would have to agree with Lisa on this one. The Little Mermaid was pretty bad. <__< Also the Cinderella sequels.
10. Lastly, what is one lesser-known Disney film you’d recommend?
Does Robin Hood count as lesser-known?
:) Also, this doesn’t have to be exclusive – anyone else who wants to do this can. ^.^
So. Enjoy yourselves and hasta la pasta. :D
The Other Half of the Story now has a Facebook page. You can find it here.
In other news, I’ve been getting back to writing lately, so you can expect a flurry of posts soon and then nothing at all, if you want. :)
Also, myself and a few friends went to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 on Friday, and I can easily, easily see why it’s so popular. It almost makes you sad that the popularity will die down in a decade or so…
And yet, maybe it will live longer.
Let us hope.
…and that is all of this ninety-five word announcement… O.o
So evidently I have been nominated for the Liebster award, which I’ll explain in a moment. First of all, though, thanks for the nomination, Lisa!
So, the rules:
-Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
-List 11 facts about yourself
-Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
-Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you)
-Ask them 11 questions
-Let them know about the nomination
1. I am listening to Chocolate by The 1975 right now.
2. It is one of my happy-songs.
3. I never needed braces and am glad for it, I guess…
4. I love winter so much. <3
5. I’m really myopic.
6. I could’ve said near-sighted instead of myopic, but let’s be serious, the latter is much more fun to say.
7. I used to know a girl who was afraid of lightning bugs.
8. I literally don’t have many fears at all; they’re mostly general awarenesses of, rather than fear.
9. The one thing on the line in between awareness and fear is heights. On that note, the movie Divergent in theaters was terrifying.
10. I’m trying to wean myself off of lucky numbers and stuff of that nature. Not worthwhile, wrong mindset.
11. One thing I’ve discovered that I can’t stand is idiocy. There’s a difference between idiocy and ignorance, though.
1) How would you describe yourself?
Negative perfectionistic author who does have her faults. Short, and she likes it. XD
2) If you had to change your name, what name would you pick?
I don’t mind my name, as it’s better than a couple others I could think up, but I always liked the name Renee. I’m just not a Renee though, you know? XD
3) Choose one: Famous, rich, or attractive
Rich. For reasons that OF COURSE don’t have anything to do with the other two being useless to me. Don’t be silly.
4) Do you have a favorite letter?
Yeah, actually – a couple. K and T, being the most prominent, but I like J if it’s the first letter. I don’t know. XD
5) Which is your favorite hair color: pink, blue, or green?
Depends on the person and the shade. For me, green, probably.
6) Do you believe the ends justify the means?
No. There are some means that are… less then idealistic, shall we say, and there is nothing that justifies them.
7) What’s your favorite music genre/band?
are you really ready for this discussion
8) Do you like to bake?
Do you like my bowl of Cheerios?
9) Would you rather burn to a crispy chip of a human person or get skinned alive?
Rana, I love you. XD Burned, probably. Or, you know, neither?
10) Honestly, how many friends do you have? Not acquaintances, but honest-to-goodness-friends.
Aside from the Nealers, who are a group alllll their own… four? I think?
11) What was/is your best subject in school?
Latin, actually. :)
You read right. I nominate you who is reading this, because honestly, who deserves it more? …Don’t answer that.
Questions for you:
1) Rain or sunshine?
2) Coffee or tea?
3) If you were given one chance to make something incurable never happen again (i.e. war, cancer) what would you choose?
4) Would you rather insult your own dignity or feed someone else’s ego?
5) Would you rather paint your walls and ceiling black or neon pink?
6) Do you have a happy-song (a song that just makes you stop and smile), and if so what is it?
7) If you were granted the opportunity to go anywhere in the Doctor Who galaxy, where would you go? (In case you don’t like or haven’t seen the show, this does include anywhere on earth)
8) What is your favorite instrument?
9) Movie you couldn’t stand?
10) Coke or Pepsi?
11) Star Wars or Star Trek? (Yeah, I just went there)
have fun. :)
So I’m totally going to pretend that I haven’t been gone for forever. And a day, at that.
Last night I stayed up to watch the clock chime twelve [or, you know, turn twelve. digital clocks and all that.] Before that, I was furiously cleaning my room. No, I have no idea what I was thinking except that maybe I wanted it to literally be a fresh start… Anyway, my mom was happy with it, and really with something like this that’s all that matters. I actually ended up staying awake for a while after that, trying to solve this infuriating little puzzle that was bigger than my desk and did not contain all the pieces.
After that, I wrote. I’ve been writing more seriously lately, with that graphic you see floating around the internet in mind – “If not now then when?” Thanks to Lisa over at Godsdaugter for showing me that originally and then printing it out so I never forget it. o.o But I kind of had the idea for this little NY piece, second-person present-tense, and let me tell you, it’s fun writing that way, I kid you not. Try it sometime.
In other news… I haven’t updated this in a while, and I’m not sure how often I will in the future. However, rest assured this is likely where I’ll post if I need to rant, as I forgot how much I love blogging for some reason. thanks for being patient you guys.
NOW. I shall leave you all with this little thing. :)
A bright thing approaches.
“I can see you on the horizon!” you sing out. “So bright – looking on our doorstep! And–” The light seems to whoosh through the door you hold open. “–here you are!”
You could swear that if he had hands he would brush himself off like the long-distance traveler he is. He looks around the room you have prepared meticulously just for him. “Wow,” he utters, and you are delighted to hear him speak – it seems more official now, he really is here, though you cannot exactly describe him as ‘in the flesh’. He is more like light than anything, brightness that does not burn the retina much more than a light sting – ah, you made a little joke!
“You are free to stay here as long as you would like,” you say, though knowing that his stay will be precisely one year; it is in the contract, after all. One leaves, the next comes. You never really question the small phenomenon, just look forward to the personality of the next to come her way and appreciate the fact that you are never alone. Being lonely is never really as enjoyable as this. Being lonely is never really as enjoyable as anything.
Now this new resident nods once and walks toward the bed. “That was a long journey, as I’m sure you understand. I am tired; I think I shall sleep like the rest of the world. Do you mind terribly?”
“Of course not,” you say at once. “I will leave you to that, then.”
He smiles and climbs onto the bed you had made up. The green bedspread seems to please him greatly and he is soon fast asleep, tucked under the covers. You watch him for a moment more and then exits, shutting the door softly behind yourself.
Her brother jerks back from listening at the door, no shame on his face whatsoever. “Who have you got in there?”
“That’s my good friend New Year.” You smile happily.
He stares at you for a long moment before muttering something about taking optimism too far, and walks away.
But you don’t really care much.
2014 has come at last.
I’ve been an awful slacker lately, yeah? >.<
But there is more coming up, I promise. I’ve been compiling a bunch of ideas, and somethings that are on the list:
– More poetry. Way to guess. XD
– A synopsis and the characters about a new project. [Complete with pictures!]
– a That Person post. I’m thinking I might do these around the end//beginning of the year, just reflecting on all the different changes in the last year. Example: I never imagined I’d be That Person, the one that actually worked up enough confidence to attempt NaNoWriMo.
If you have any suggestions not here, let me know in the comments, please. :)
Now, to find those pictures again…
heyo, peeps. This is… a long anticipated blog to some of you. *points to self & Chesh*
Just want to say, I kind of have commitment issues to a lot of things so this might not be updated as often as either of us would like, but please bear with me. This project will probably have a little of everything – poetry, lyrics, oneshots, the whole nine. ^.^
More about me in the About the Blogger page.